8 evening wine courses
The eight evening course combines all the elements of both of the four evening courses - at a discounted price
Join us on a jaunt around the globe as we visit a variety of wine-making countries, tasting everything from Chianti Classico to Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. If you want an in-depth, yet broad-based, introduction to the Wonderful World of Wine then this is the course for you!
The course runs weekly, but if you need to miss an evening you can easily pick it up when the course runs again or receive a credit against the cost of any of our other tasting or event. So don't worry if you are going on holiday or need to be away at any point!
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THIS COURSE?
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce
- You will be able to assess and taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine)
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the world’s major wine regions (tasting over 50 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some nibbles to help compare food groups with wine are provided
Course Fee Structure:
The course fee is £185. As a way of spreading out the cost, we ask for £105 payment on booking and then £10 in cash each evening. A great value and a saving on booking each night separately (this works out at approximately £23 per evening, usual cost if you booked on a single evening is £27.50 to £35 per evening).
It is a perfect Christmas or birthday gift for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more in a fun and relaxed environment. No previous experience required – the emphasis is on learning by tasting different wines. Click here to buy an undated voucher so the recipient can choose for themselves when to start.
Course Outline Week by Week
- Week 1 - Tasting skills, aroma tests, major grape varieties (note it is not a requirement to attend this session first - if you happen to be away and can't attend the content is re-capped in other sessions and it won't spoil your enjoyment to catch it again later or even do it last!)
- Week 2 - France: all the major regions + the importance of climate and weather
- Week 3 - Italy: the major wines + principles of wine and food pairing
- Week 4 - Spain & Portugal + serving and storing wine
- Week 5 - Chile & Argentina + common wine faults
- Week 6 - Australia & New Zealand + how wine is made
- Week 7 - USA & South Africa + understanding wine labels
- Week 8 - Champagne & Sparkling Wine (+ £10 fish & chip supper)!
Each week we will examine how different grape varieties, different climates and local wine-making techniques impact on the aromas and flavours of the wine. Through practice and our guidance you will learn how to identify the wine's characteristics - we show you how to taste and appraise wine like a professional.
We believe that the best aide to learning about wine is the process of tasting and comparing for yourself and that is exactly what you will have the chance to do in our relaxed and informal setting.