What to drink on Christmas Day
Christmas is the one time of year when nearly all of us drink wine with lunch! But what kind of wine to choose ?
We have selected a range of wines, specifically matched to the kind of food most of us eat at Christmas time.
The choice will include a superb producers Champagne, white wines to partner smoked salmon and roast turkey, a range of reds from light and fruity Pinot Noir, through soft, warm, and spicy Shiraz, to full-bodied Bordeaux blends (Cabernet & Merlot) – all chosen to complement most sauces and stuffings.
We will finish with a gorgeous dessert wine that goes equally well with Xmas pudding or Stilton.
To complement the experience, samples of a selection of Christmas food will be served, so you can discover how different wines bring out the best in your Xmas Fayre.
Expect to sample a selection of European classics alongside some fine wines from the New World.
- Glass of Champagne to start
- Tutored tasting of 6 Fine Wines (average retail over £20 each)
- How to assess a 'Fine Wine'
- Comparison of European classics against New World rising stars
- Festive nibbles to accompany the wines
- Tips and hints on how you can navigate the perils of Christmas food and wine matching!
This is the perfect way to kick off the festive season, or simply indulge in an evening of vinous delights!
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Fri 14th Dec 2018 at 7pm to 9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Holiday Inn, MK9 2HQ