WSET Level 1
Gain a wine qualification in Milton Keynes!
Wine and Spirit Education Trust courses provide globally recognised qualifications for Wine Industry professionals and enthusiastic amateurs.
Milton Keynes Wine School is a WSET Approved Programme Provider (APP). Level 1 is a one-day course (10.30am-5.30pm) held in Milton Keynes on selected days through the year (usually Saturday). Scroll down to see forthcoming dates.
Who should consider studying WSET Level 1?
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines establishes basic skills and product knowledge ideal for preparing for a job in hospitality or wine retail, but also a good introductory first course for the wine enthusiast who wishes to study in a structured way. The qualification covers skills such as identifying wine styles, storing and serving wine, and food and wine matching.
No previous experience of Wine Tasting is necessary for this course.
The course has full accreditation from the UK government's OfQual department as a Level 1 vocational qualification and finishes with a short 30-question multiple choice exam.
If you wish to buy this course for someone as a gift, simply purchase below and then email us to send you a gift voucher.
- Wine Tasting: Taste and describe wines using the WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Pairing: A practical guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Wine Service and Storage: Learn the correct way to store and serve wine and recognise common faults found in wine
- Types and Styles of Wine: Learn about what makes wines taste different
- Grape Varieties: Learn about the characteristics and styles of wines produced from the main grape varieties
- Main white grape varieties: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling
- Main black grape varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
- Named Wines: Pinot Grigio, Muscadet, Sancerre, Chablis, Sauternes, Claret, Beaujolais, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rioja, Chianti
- Duration of course : 1 day inclusive of examination
- Examination: 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes. A mark of 70% required to pass
- Certification: All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
Places remaining: 5
Course Date/Time: Sat 9th Mar 2019 at 10:30am
Duration: 7 hours
Venue: Holiday Inn Milton Keynes, MK9 2HQ