Introduction to wine, lunch & Champagne
Milton Keynes Saturday wine course - 11am to 4pm with Champagne and 2 course lunch.
Join us for a Introduction to Wine day course, starting with a Champagne aperitif at 11am, a delicious two-course lunch and 13 fantastic wines to taste before finishing at 4:30pm. A day of decadence!
- Session 1a: Introduction to Wine Tasting - How to taste wines; aroma, taste, describing wines with Milton Keynes Wine School's 'easy approach' to wine tasting
- Session 1b: Improve your senses with the Nez du Vin & recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Session 2: The Effect of Climate - hot versus cool & Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- Session 3: How Wine is Made - grapes, fermentation
- Session 4a: Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others
- Session 4b: Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- Session 5: Old World Classics (France, Italy, Spain) vs New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California)
- Session 6: Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
- Tutored Tasting of 13 Wines, welcome Champagne, full tasting notes, delicious 2-course lunch
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- How to spot wine faults
This is a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and taste world-class wines with a lunch crammed in too!
The whole day takes place at the stunning Grade I listed mansion, Chicheley Hall, regarded as one of the finest examples of early 18th Century architecture. The current hall dates back to the 1700’s and is truly impressive. (No wonder that Chicheley Hall has been used as a location for such film and television projects as Pride and Prejudice, The Meaning of Life, and Black Beauty.)
Places remaining: 8
Course Date/Time: Sat 28th Sep 2019 at 11am
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Chicheley Hall, MK16 9JJ