Saturday Wine Experience with Lunch & Champagne
Milton Keynes Saturday wine course - 11am to 4pm with Champagne and 2 course lunch.
Join us for a Introduction to Wine day course, starting with a Champagne aperitif at 11am, a delicious two-course lunch and 13 fantastic wines to taste before finishing at 4:30pm. A day of decadence!
- Session 1a: Introduction to Wine Tasting - How to taste wines; aroma, taste, describing wines with Milton Keynes Wine School's 'easy approach' to wine tasting
- Session 1b: Improve your senses with the Nez du Vin & recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Session 2: The Effect of Climate - hot versus cool & Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- Session 3: How Wine is Made - grapes, fermentation
- Session 4a: Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others
- Session 4b: Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- Session 5: Old World Classics (France, Italy, Spain) vs New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California)
- Session 6: Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
- Tutored Tasting of 13 Wines, welcome Champagne, full tasting notes, delicious 2-course lunch
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- How to spot wine faults
This is a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and taste world-class wines with a lunch crammed in too!
The whole day takes place at the stunning Horwood House . Built in 1911, the beautiful Grade II listed Manor House is the focal point, and the birthplace of the famous gardener, Percy Thrower. The house, lily pond and manicured Pytheas Gardens provide a truly stunning backdrop for our guests and visitors to enjoy.
Places remaining: 2
Course Date/Time: Sat 26th Jun 2021 at 11am
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Horwood House, Little Horwood, MK17 0PH