WSET Level 1 on Line - Satudays May
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is the ideal starting point for anybody new to wine or those beginning a career in wine or hospitality.
What the course covers:
- The basic skills and product knowledge required for the service and retail of wine
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to make food and wine pairings
- How to store and serve wine
- How to taste wine using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting. SAT.
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
We recommend you read the course specification document before you sign up for the course. You can read this document by clicking here.
- This course is an online condensed course format, delivered over three consecutive weekends
- The Level 1 Award in Wines online course covers the same syllabus as the classroom course and is delivered in LIVE virtual lessons by one of our certified wine educators
- The course includes 6 hours online tuition in 3 x 2 hr sessions
- Your tutor will provide a guided tasting of 6 wines with you on this course (for details of how to order the wines for your course see below)
- You will receive access to practice multiple-choice revision questions specific to this course
- You will be sent details of how to join your LIVE sessions when you book
Please note a reliable broadband connection is essential for the completion of this online course as are basic computer skills.
· To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass the exam. The exam is made up of 30 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes. You must answer at least 70% correctly to pass the exam.
The exam may be taken at any of our Local WIne School locations, including Milton Keynes Wine School when we are able to offer classroom courses again.
Course Schedule & Important Dates:
- Registration Deadline: Friday 5th May
- Saturday 8th May 2021 2pm to 4pm 1st online session
- Saturday 15th May 2021 2pm to 4pm 2nd online session
- Saturday 22nd May 2021 2pm to 4pm 3rd online session
The course fee of £120 Includes:
- Course study guide, posted to you at no extra charge
- LIVE virtual, interactive sessions taught by a Local Wine School WSET Certified Tutor
- Exclusive access to practice multiple choice questions
- Internationally recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass the exam
- The exam fee. The exam may be taken at any of our Local Wine School locations, including Birmingham Wine School when we are able to offer classroom courses again. We can offer an Online exam for an additional £25 click here
It is recommended that 6 wines are tasted as part of this course, although this is optional and not essential to complete the course. Please note that the cost of wines is not included in the course fee above.
Our wine experts have specially selected wines for this course aligned to demonstrate specific learning outcomes. They have even negotiated a specially discounted price only available to our online students.
The price of the 6 bottle case is £60 including delivery.
Details of how to order your case of wines will be provided ten days prior to the start of your course.
Special Educational Needs:
Please make the school aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Sat 8th May 2021 at 2pm
Duration: 2 hours x 3 session
Venue: On Line